DEDICATED TO ‘THE UNBORN GURU’
The Third Quarter
The Unborn Gita: 58
514. I appear to have transcended time, space, the beingness and its attributes and abide as the Unborn.
515. How can I the Unborn fear time which is an unborn child? Prior to, during and after dissolution, I, the Unborn ever prevail, untouched, untainted and unchanged.
516. Everything appears to go on in the realm of beingness but I, the Unborn, am not this beingness, so how am I affected?
517. The Unborn cannot be understood, whatever you appear to understand, you are not. In non-understanding, you understand yourself.
518. When everything appears to disappear, whatever remains is the Unborn, my state prior to my birth, I abide there.
519. The born apparent appears to be a superimposition, a cloak of illusion over me, the Unborn.
520. To stabilise me in the eternal Unborn principle, The Unborn Guru appeared to initiated me by pronouncing the sacred words ‘I am Unborn’. From then onwards, I lost all interest in worldly affairs.
521. My primordial Unborn state is non-experiential, I had no information about myself. Now a form together with the information ‘I am’ appears to have been impressed on me.
522. To develop the conviction ‘I am Unborn’, the born apparent must appear to understand that his ‘beingness’ is unreal, unworthy, fraudulent and a cheat which prompted him to believe that ‘I am so-and-so’.
The Unborn Gita: 59
523. The statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’ is only a pointer towards the question as to how I was in the absence of the message ‘I am’ – that is, prior to beingness? It’s not the state itself.
524. Prior to this apparent experiencing, I abide in myself, in my eternal Unborn state.
525. Without my apparent beingness – that is without the message ‘I am’ – I eternally prevail as the Unborn.
526. Who appears to witness the message ‘I am’ if my priormost Unborn state of non-beingness is not?
527. I alone prevail as the Unborn, without the message ‘I am’. There are no experiences in the eternal state.
528. I appear to totally swallow this beingness and ever prevail as the Unborn.
529. By constantly remembering ‘I am Unborn’ I transcend time, with the result that I am beyond the reach of it’s tentacles and prevail in eternity.
530. When I appear to be established in the final free Unborn state the knowledge ‘I am’ becomes non-knowledge.
531. Presently the ‘I am’ appears to be the beingness state but when I don’t appear to have the knowingness of the ‘I am’ illusion, then the Unborn state prevails.
The Unborn Gita: 60
532. By constantly remembering the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’, it’s meaning will appear to spread by itself in the born apparent, and appear to change him in due course according to his earnestness.
533. As the Unborn I prevail forever without identity of body form, name or any other illusory datum.
534. All this creation appears to come out of me, but I – the Unborn – am APART from it.
535. Whatever appears to be created out of me, blazes like fireworks in a festival, and gets extinguished, but I – the Unborn – prevail forever.
536. The Unborn Guru told me: In spite of my worldly activities, I am Unborn, I am APART from all.
537. I have to apprehend this clearly that I – the Absolute – bereft of a body identity, am complete, perfect and the Unborn.
538. Whatever appears to be seen and perceived is continuously in a state of creation and destruction, but I in my true NATURE am Unborn and indestructible.
539. As the Unborn I am not the meditator, the object of meditation nor the meditation.
540. Having appeared to have realised that I am Unborn, I am not the body and hence have no needs and demands.
The Unborn Gita: 61
541. Having appeared to have transcended the realm of beingness, I ever abide as the eternal Unborn.
542. Understanding appears to be a requirement for the born apparent, but when I appear to realise that all that is understood is unreal and invalid, I am Unborn.
543. I appear to be constantly remembering the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’, till the words appear to disappear – the Unborn prevails without knowing.
544. As the Unborn I am not an individual, I only appear to feel the sense of being through a body with senses operating, otherwise I don’t feel myself.
545. As the Unborn I appear to say ‘I am not’ prior to conception, which actually means not like this present ‘I am’ that only appears to be.
546. Before this appearance as the born apparent, did I have any knowledge? I am Unborn so it’s not required!
547. I am Unborn, without knowing, beyond happiness and suffering, and altogether beyond words – a non-experiential state.
548. I am Unborn, I have never spoken or written anything, although it may appear to be so.
549. I appear to go to the root of my beingness and in the process appear to transcend it and be the Unborn without knowing that ‘I am’.
The Unborn Gita: 62
550. In my ultimate Unborn state the ‘I-am-ness’ appears to be totally forgotten. The ‘I am’ and ‘I am not’ both are forgotten, this appears to be the highest type of rest.
551. The born apparent appears to remember the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’ with insistence and persistence to be what he truly is.
552. The word ‘I am’ or the feeling ‘I am’ that I get inside me is not eternal but I, the Unborn am eternal and appear to be ancient.
553. Before the appearance of beingness or knowingness, I, the Unborn, am already there, eternally.
554. Before I say ‘I am’, I am already there, when the beingness is not I am the Unborn.
555. By believing that I am born I appear to have converted myself into what I am not. Now to revert back to my original Unborn Self I appear to remember the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’.
556. That which appears to be changing continuously is unreal, no change is possible in my real Unborn Self.
557. Prior to birth, the ‘I am’ has never been associated with me, the Unborn.
558. The body and the world are experiential, but I, the Unborn, am non-experiential.
The Nisargadatta Sadhana