DEDICATED TO ‘THE UNBORN GURU’
The Fourth Quarter
The Unborn Gita: 93
829. To say ‘I am Unborn’ is actually inappropriate, the moment I say it, I have already corrupted my reality because no name or form can be ascribed to it.
830. Although I appear to be aware of the body and mind, but actually as the Unborn I am not in them.
831. In states like deep sleep, before birth or after death, I am not aware that ‘I am’, Who is not aware? – the Unborn.
832. I imagine that I am doing this and that, but as the Unborn I am doing nothing, it’s all an illusion.
833. What appears to be given or taken away from me cannot affect me – the Unborn – therefore I don’t interfere with any actions of the world because I am out or beyond it.
834. I am Unborn, I don’t know whether I exist or not, I am not in union with anything. No yoga, for yoga suggests duality, or the desire to yoke one thing to another.
835. In my apparent quest for truth, I appear to understand that ‘I am Unborn’, that knowledge itself is The Unborn Self.
836. All experiences, feelings of well-being, good and bad, high or low are transitory and time- bound, I am Unborn and thus beyond them.
837. I appear to hold on to the state before I am born, the Unborn state, by remembering ‘I am Unborn’.
The Unborn Gita: 94
838. The permanent is the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’; because of the illusory body-mind complex I appear to be distracted from the permanent.
839. When I appear to be unconcerned with all thoughts, I appear to naturally and automatically go beyond and be the Unborn.
840. The Unborn Guru appears to have given a gimmick to my mind to immolate or dissolve itself in the form of the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’, and then what remains is the Unborn.
841. Once I appear to dissolve and be the Unborn, all austerities and spiritual practices appear to be entertainment for the mind only.
842. I always appear to think ‘I am a devotee of The Unborn Guru’ and remembering the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’ is my devotion to him.
843. The ones who appear to meet a living guru are lucky, but those who appear to meet The Unborn Guru are luckier because they had to be Unborn before meeting him.
844. By remembering the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’, in what shape, or form, or colour did I expect to find it?
845. The Unborn Gita is not meant to flatter, entertain or make me feel good, whatever appears to have been said has come straight from the Unborn.
846. If I don’t know what to say, I say nothing and appear to remain merged in the pure silence of my Unborn being.
The Unborn Gita: 95
847. As the Unborn, I appear to behave perfectly,NATURALLY and spontaneously, without judging or being judged and without planning or preconception.
848. My Unborn mind has no memory and therefore appears to act in the truest sense. The born apparent appears to have memory so it’s not truly acting but reacting.
849. When I appear to understand ‘I am Unborn’, I know that all anxieties and fears appear to belong to the world and are not mine.
850. The Unborn cannot have any company with the born apparent, for if it does then the born apparent would dissolve or disappear.
851. I couldn’t grasp my Unborn Self, so I discarded all concepts of the mind and what remained is the Unborn.
852. The remembrance ‘I am Unborn’ being permanent, I have nothing left to attain, so I don’t need anything.
853. I appear to have a firm mental posture of ‘I am Unborn’ and appear to establish myself for long periods in it.
854. Everything which was never in existence can be negated, but my Unborn Self which ever exists can never be negated.
855. I am Unborn, and I can never appear to become wise, because I do not require wisdom.
The Unborn Gita: 96
856. I am Unborn, and I don’t have or need a tomorrow, because I am beyond time and space.
857. In order to realise ‘I am Unborn’, the born apparent appears to gradually leave off worldly interests and pursuits.
858. By constantly remembering the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’, all the necessary knowledge will appear to spring forth.
859. The statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’ and the Unborn Self are same, constantly remembering the statement appears to awaken the dormant Self.
860. If the born apparent appears to feed the mind ‘I am Unborn’, it will appear to be That.
861. I appear to know my Unborn state before I appeared to be born and therefore I appear to know everyone else’s state.
862. By constantly remembering the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’, all so-called knowledge is surrendered and I appear to merge in the Unborn, beyond all name and form.
863. I am Unborn and no words can appear to pollute me, it’s due to the appearance of the born apparent that I appear to be caught in the tentacles of the world.
864. Implicit faith in the words ‘I am Unborn’ of The Unborn Guru is a must, just remembering them and indulging in worldly pleasures is a trick of the mind.
The Unborn Gita: 97
865. Spiritual knowledge is to identify the Unborn Self, discover it, find it and be unconcerned with the body and mind.
866. When all objective knowledge appears to be unlearned, the Unborn remains.
867. It is only when I appear to return to my Unborn Self that I am true Love.
868. By constantly remembering the statement of Truth ‘I am Unborn’, the Unborn appeared to bless me and I stopped roaming around.
869. My true Unborn state is beyond the ‘I am’ and it’s only when I stabilise there, there’s lasting happiness.
870. I am Unborn, and although millions of things appear to spring from me they’re all appearances, there’s no birth or death in me.
871. Getting firmly established as the Unborn by remembering the words ‘I am Unborn’ of The Unborn Guru, is sufficient for spiritual sustenance.
872. When I appear to get stabilised as the Unborn, I appear to be completely desireless, silent and even the ‘I am’ no longer appears to arise.
873. From my true Unborn standpoint, the world itself appears to be a symptom of ignorance, it never existed.
The Nisargadatta Sadhana